711 12th Avenue, New York, NY
All cars enter the Terminal from the north at the intersection of 55th Street and 12th Avenue (State Route 9A).
- New Jersey and Points South
From the Lincoln Tunnel, follow signs to 42nd Street, make a left onto 42nd Street, go 3 blocks and make a right onto 12th Avenue. Take 12th Avenue for a half mile and make a left on 55th street, which is the entrance to the terminal. From the Holland Tunnel, take ext 1 (9A). Pass 3 lights and make a right onto West Street (which is also 12th Avenue). Take West Street/12 Avenue one mile and make a left onto 55th Street, which is the entrance to the terminal.
- George Washington Bridge/Westchester and Points North
Go southbound on the Henry Hudson Parkway (Route 9A), exit to the right at 55th Street, which is the entrance to the terminal.
- Long Island
From the Queens-Midtown Tunnel, go west via 34th Street to 12th Avenue. Turn right onto 12th Avenue and continue north to the New York Cruise Terminal on 55th Street.
- Midtown Manhattan
Take 55th Street, and cross 12th Avenue to enter the Terminal.
- For drivers originating in Manhattan and points north.
Potential alternatives to I-278 include exiting at Exit 27/Atlantic Avenue and using Columbia Street, Degraw Street, and Van Brunt Street to access to the terminal.
Estimated Yellow Taxicab fare rates, where tolls and tips are not included, are provided below for your convenience:
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) to Manhattan Cruise Terminal: $52 flat rate
- La Guardia Airport (LGA) to Manhattan Cruise Terminal: approximately $25 – $35
- Newark International Airport (ERW) to Manhattan Cruise Terminal: approximately $80 – $100. Price should be negotiated with driver in advance.
- Port Authority Bus Terminal to Manhattan Cruise Terminal: approximately $8 – $10
- Pennsylvania Station
31st to 33rd Streets between Seventh and Eighth Avenues Penn Station is the central station for train service provided by Amtrak, Long Island Railroad, New Jersey Transit, and PATH. Subway lines serving the station are the A, C, E, 1, 2 and 3. Buses include the M4, M5, M6, M7, M34 and Q42. Penn Station Schedules and Information
- Grand Central Terminal
42nd Street and Park Avenue (between Lexington and Vanderbilt Avenues) 212-532-4900 Grand Central is the main terminal for train service provided by Metro-North Railroad. Subway lines here include the 4, 5, 6, 7 and S (shuttle between Times Square and Grand Central). Buses stopping here include M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M42, M98, M101, M102, M104 and Q32. Grand Central Terminal website
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
Building 14 Jamaica, NY 11430 (718) 244-4444 or (800) 247-7433 JFK Airport website
- La Guardia Airport (LGA)
Flushing, NY 11371 (718) 533-3400 La Guardia Airport website
- Newark International Airport (ERW)
Tower Road, Building Ten Newark, NJ 07114, USA (973) 961-6000 or (888) EWR-INFO Newark Airport website
- Port Authority Bus Terminal
625 8th Avenue New York, NY 10018 (212) 564-8484 – Automated bus carrier information (212) 502-2200 – General information Port Authority Bus Terminal website
- New York City Buses- Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA)
The closest buses to Manhattan Cruise Terminal are as follows: M57 Bus – 57th Street Cross Town M31 Bus – 57th Street/York Avenue MTA Buses website
- Subway passengers that get off at the Smith/9th Street Station must transfer to a Downtown Brooklyn bound B61 bus, and then walk from the stop at Van Brunt Street and Pioneer Street.
- The closest subway trains to Manhattan Cruise Terminal are the A, C, B, D or 1 train at Columbus Circle. From Columbus Circle, walk south on 8th Ave and turn right onto 52nd St. Continue down 52nd St to 12th Ave where the terminal is located.
- The R Train station should relisted as either the Court Street Station or the Jay Street- MetroTech Station. The B61 bus stop in Downtown Brooklyn is located immediately south of Jay Street-MetroTech Station (A, C, F, R trains).
- Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) Subway website